Friday, February 1, 2008

Mico's first bath

Doesn't he look sad? He did much better than I thought he would. I did avoid his ears and head since this is his first bath and he still has puppy ears. I read somewhere about putting cotton balls in his ears during his bath, I should have done that but I forgot and it was too late.


He came out a lot whiter! I didn't think he was that dirty but I guess he was. He also got his first shots yesterday so I had to be very careful washing his side, he is extremely sore!

After his bath and blow dry and brushing (yes he is spoiled, are you really surprised?) he wanted to go out in the back yard and play with the yard full of kids in the worst way.


He stood just inside the house and whinned and cried. He just won't go down steps yet. I really didn't want him to go out since he had just had a bath.



I finally gave in and took him out.



Of course he went straight for the dirt pile and mud.

Yesterday I took Mico to the vet for his puppy visit and vaccinations. Poor guy! It was such an ordea for him but he did a lot better than I thought he would.

We are still convinced he is part pirahna but it is getting better. We ignore the bad behaviour and put him in his big kennell with no toys for about a minute for time out. The first night the kennell door was like a revolving door. Last night was much better and today was even better, not perfect but he is coming along. Thanks for the suggestions and encouragement. It helps knowing I am not the only one with a dog that has puppy rage.

2 comments:

Tonjia said...

Chris, Mico is really starting to look like a papillion right in the face. what a dollbaby.

Love the pics!
Tonjia

Anonymous said...

Awww he is just adorable after his bath.